We use your personal information in the recruitment process for employment, work experience, fixed term contract, secondment or internship at the Centre in the following ways:
- To reply to you about the position you have applied for or inquired about
- To approach you as a good fit for employment, work experience or internship
- To check you are the right candidate for the role
- To move your application forward including making changes in applicant tracking systems or dedicated recruitment-based software and websites
- To receive a reference from a sectoral relevant individual where they have gained permission from you to be introduced to us
- To send you notifications for other job, work experience or internship vacancies
- To inform you about the status of your application
- To invite you to participate in relevant surveys, questionnaires, research projects and events where your profile has been identified relevant to research work, we are conducting (we will never share or sell your personal data and we will never include you in research participation where we have not gained your permission to do so)
- With permission, retain your personal information for longer statutory requirements where you have not been successful but would like the opportunity to invite you to apply again in the future
Please be reassured that the Centre limit access to your recruitment personal data to those who have a genuine need to access it:
- the Operations team
- the recruiting manager for the role in question
- interviewers/assessment reviewers for the role in question
- the Head of the team in which the role in question sits
- The Head of Finance (purpose of adding to payroll and pension) and Executive Director (final authority for appointment)
We maintain a reserve list of candidates who met our requirements but were not successful in securing the specific post they applied for. We’ll ask for your permission to be added to this list. We will refer to the list when other roles are advertised and will contact you if you match the role. We will ask for your permission before putting you forward for the role.
If you are successfully recruited, we will upload your details to our HR system. We will also share your data for statistical analysis (it will be anonymised first) if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
For the purposes of reporting on and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of our recruitment systems and processes, we may retain a handful of personal data points about you (the source of your application, the stage you reached in the process, and the overall reason you were rejected), however, none of these data points are personally traceable to you.