Here, participants from London share their thoughts in the excitement of culture and sport [wpvideo gA537INo]
Culture and sport have an impact on our wellbeing by providing fun activities, enjoyment, friendship and a feeling of belonging.
Cultural and sporting activities are felt to be at the heart of quality of life, part of our way of life and core to social interactions. We learn, we take notice, we get active, we connect and we give. Most of all we develop our interests and with it our initiative and confidence.
- We understand Culture very broadly and beyond traditional arts and music
- Spectating, participating and volunteering are all equally valued.
- Culture and sport help us through difficult times
Public dialogues bring together members of the public and policy makers to discuss wellbeing and understand what matters to people.We spoke to a range of policy makers on:
- why it’s important to talk about wellbeing
- why are we talking about work and learning
- about the value the centre can have across the UK
- importance of dialogues with the public