Understanding and measuring wellbeing: free workshops across the UK
Charities, especially small- and medium-sized ones, want to measure what matters. Funding bodies are increasingly asking for measures that capture real impact, beyond traditional outcomes. Wellbeing is now widely recognised as an evidence-informed, established approach to understanding how your service, project or programme makes a difference.
But what does wellbeing look like in your context? And where do you start when it comes to measuring it? At the Centre we are committed to supporting voluntary sector organisations to understand, improve and measure wellbeing.
Supported by the National Lottery Community Fund, we are pleased to announce a programme of free workshops around the country designed specially for small to medium-sized charities, starting in February 2020. Please let us know on your registration form if you would like to find out how we can cover your travel expenses.
Introductory workshops: Understanding, improving and measuring wellbeing
These workshops will cover wellbeing concepts and evidence, how to use evidence to improve your activities, and recommended measures for wellbeing evaluations and is ideal for you if you:
- work for a small or medium-sized charity or social enterprise
- want to understand if and how your activities affect the wellbeing of the people you support
- are responsible for reporting, evaluation or impact
- have not measured wellbeing very much or at all yet and need some guidance on how to get started.
The first few dates of the programme are:
- Wednesday 5 February at The Health Foundation, London – SOLD OUT and wait list is now full. We are working to add an additional London date to be announced soon.
- Wednesday 18 March at the Melting Pot Studio, Edinburgh – SOLD OUT and wait list is now full.
- Wednesday 13 May at The Priory Rooms, Birmingham – SOLD OUT and wait list is now full.
Advanced workshop: Designing and preparing for evaluation
We have also designed a more advanced workshop on wellbeing evaluations designed for medium-to-large charities and social enterprises who would like to conduct or commission a wellbeing evaluation.
This workshop will cover how to design a wellbeing evaluation and how to measure and interpret your wellbeing impact and is ideal for you if you:
- are familiar with evaluation frameworks and concepts
- have dedicated Monitoring and Evaluation, or Learning and Insights, teams who are keen to improve their understanding of wellbeing evaluation frameworks and methodologies
- have already conducted or are planning to conduct a wellbeing evaluation
This workshop is scheduled for:
- Wednesday 26 February at The Health Foundation, London – SOLD OUT and wait list is now full.
Depending on demand we will programme further in-depth wellbeing evaluation workshops.
Sign up to our email alerts at the side of the page to find out when more workshops are added.