Adult learning and life satisfaction
The analysis here adds to the evidence base on the benefits of learning participation in three ways:
- It provides causal links of the impact of learning on life satisfaction
- It is broad in scope, going beyond specific sub-groups of the UK population
- It captures new evidence about the impact of hobbies & leisure training
The following questions are addressed:
- What are the life satisfaction gains from different types of training, specifically, hobbies & leisure training and job-related training?
- Do some groups gain more life satisfaction from learning than others? Here our comparisons focus on the impact of learning participation on life satisfaction by age, gender, ethnicity & migration status, and employment status.
- Do some people living in some types of areas of the UK gain more life satisfaction from learning than others? Here we focus on one area level characteristic, deprivation.
- Does qualification level make a difference to the learning pathway to increased life satisfaction?