Understanding and measuring wellbeing: free workshops across the UK
We are pleased to announce a programme of free wellbeing workshops designed specially for small to medium-sized charities. Supported by the National Lottery Community Fund, the workshops will travel across the country, starting in February 2020.
Introductory workshops: Understanding, improving and measuring wellbeing
These workshops will cover wellbeing concepts and evidence, how to use evidence to improve your activities, and recommended measures for wellbeing evaluations and is ideal for you if you:
- work for a small or medium-sized charity or social enterprise
- want to understand if and how your activities affect the wellbeing of the people you support
- are responsible for reporting, evaluation or impact
- have not measured wellbeing very much or at all yet and need some guidance on how to get started.
This workshop is lead by Ingrid Abreu Scherer, Wellbeing and Civil Society Lead at the Centre. She works with charities, community organisations, funders and policy makers to design activities that help people and communities to thrive.
She encourages evaluations that capture the wellbeing impacts of activities, and develops practical tools and resources to help communities learn from their experience and build the evidence on what works to improve wellbeing.
Advanced workshop: Designing and preparing for evaluation
There is also a more advanced workshop on wellbeing evaluations designed for medium-to-large charities and social enterprises who would like to conduct or commission a wellbeing evaluation.
This workshop will cover how to design a wellbeing evaluation and how to measure and interpret your wellbeing impact and is ideal for you if you:
- are familiar with evaluation frameworks and concepts
- have dedicated Monitoring and Evaluation, or Learning and Insights, teams who are keen to improve their understanding of wellbeing evaluation frameworks and methodologies
- have already conducted or are planning to conduct a wellbeing evaluation
This workshop is lead by Margherita Musella, Evaluation Lead at the Centre. She advises charities and funders on how to conduct and strengthen their wellbeing evaluations by advising on appropriate methods, measures and approaches and promotes the use of evaluation data from UK projects and pilots to learn about “what works” to improve Wellbeing.
Introductory workshop – Wednesday 5 February at The Health Foundation, London – 1 SPACE AVAILABLE.
Advanced workshop – Wednesday 26 February at The Health Foundation, London – 2 SPACES AVAILABLE.
*NEW* Introductory workshop – Monday 30 March at the National Lottery Community Fund offices
Introductory workshop –Wednesday 18 March at the Melting Pot Studio, Edinburgh – 1 SPACE AVAILABLE.
Introductory workshop –Wednesday 13 May at The Priory Rooms, Birmingham – SOLD OUT and wait list is now full.